The Manassas Church of Christ is an active congregation of around 400, with a geographically widespread membership in the busy, crowded Northern Virginia region. We are looking for an Involvement Minister with a solid, Christ-centered approach to strengthening the congregation, mature in the faith and welcoming to all.
- ● Can communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
● Ability to work with multiple generations
● Ability to work with members to develop their gifts in a wide variety of areas, both one on one and in groups
● Organized but flexible
● Able to communicate in Spanish or willing to learn
● Training and/or education, and three or more years of experience in ministry, with an emphasis in involvement, family, youth, etc. (internships, etc., are eligible)
● Comfortable with technology and able to produce content for the website
Duties and Responsibilities
● Organizes or assists with organizing new and developing ministries of the congregation:outreach programs, service programs, etc.
- ● Supporting ongoing ministries: youth, including the Summer Youth Program; ESL; Greeters Ministry; Care Groups; evangelism; worship service; fellowship; etc.
- ● Creating and supporting opportunities to serve both in the congregation and in the community
- ● Teaching an adult Bible class at least one quarter every two years and preaching when required
Requirements of how to submit your info
● Resume with references
● Video recording of you teaching or preaching
● Writing sample of one of the following (300-500 words)
○ How you would support one of our current ministries
○ Congregational description and invitation for starting a new ministry (e.g., an email announcement about an event that kicks off a new ministry)
○ Describe how you worked with a previous ministry to develop or support that ministry through your work